Software Intern (AI/Automation)
Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work. Members of the Sanctuary team founded D-Wave (created the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot) and the Creative Destruction Lab (created in excess of $5B in shareholder value). The team has experience launching market defining innovations rooted in deep, unsolved scientific problems. The company is based in Vancouver, Canada.
A software intern is required on our AI/Automation team where they will support the ongoing process of hardware evaluation and characterization.
In this role you will contribute to the evaluation of hardware and algorithms as they pertain to improvements in the robotic vision, auditory and haptic systems.
- Evaluate new hardware/sensors including cameras, microphones, haptic sensors
- Implement and evaluate new algorithms as they pertain to the vision, auditory and haptic system
- Contribute to maintenance and evolution of our development and deployment tools.
- Taking on a global-scale challenge that could create fundamental change appeals to you
- You can work well with others
- A passion for AI, and in particular understanding how general intelligence works
- You would rather code than do pretty much anything else
- Pursuing or completing a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with computer vision, image processing and/or computer graphics
- Deadline driven and detail-orientedComfortable interning remotely
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a portfolio along with their application.
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary is a Vancouver, Canada based mission driven company. Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work.