System Integration Engineer
What do you envision your next career to look like? Join MetaOptima to make a difference in the lives of millions as we revolutionize the dermatology industry with artificial intelligence-powered software solutions for faster, more effective, and affordable care. MetaOptima is full of passionate, innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to build smart, life-saving technologies for medical professionals and their patients. Our casual, open-office culture welcomes fresh ideas from the minds of doers. Join our fast-growing startup to add your voice to our vision while working with a cool group of people set on making their mark on the world. We take pride in what we’ve accomplished together, and can’t wait to see how you’ll help us grow.
A team who works together, wins together. We’re excited to share some of our accomplishments with you:
- A BCIC New Ventures Competition Winner
- Plug and Play Startup Showdown Winner
- BCIP Innovation Challenge Award Winner
- Coast Capital Savings Venture Prize Winner
- A Ready To Rocket Winner 2018 & 2019
- Winner of ISIC Disease Classification AI Competition 2018
- Member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster
- Winner of ITAC Ingenious of the Year Awards, 2019
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years working with iPaaS integration technologies and process building & deployment.
- Proficient in Java / Python application development
- Extensive experience in EDI Integration, API management, Alert framework, Exception handling, Connectors, Listeners, integration packs usage, etc.
- Experience API development using REST, JSON, XML, Web services, WebAPI.
- 2+ years working with relational databases.
- The ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Strong ability to organize information, manage tasks and use the available tools to effectively contribute to a team and the organization.
- Partner with development engineers in design review, code review and solution definition discussions.
- Strong Problem solving skills and being resourceful, a fast learner and curious about the latest tech and industry trends.
- Document and develop integration solutions with different PMS systems.
- Partner with internal stakeholders on systems integrations.
- Provide strategy, architecture, design and automation options to increase efficiencies and simplify integration across multiple platforms.
- Provide support of integration applications.
- Design and engineer solutions for new and existing applications integrations.
- Provide technical and design expertise to the project team regarding application integration solutions and problem resolution.
- Accurately resolve issues and document changes to integration solutions.
Nice to have:
- Experience in generating HL7 messages.
- Working experience with Linux and Windows server administration and scripting languages.
- Experience building tools for development automation (building, testing, releasing or monitoring).
- Experience using source control tools (we use Git).
- Experience with networking protocols and technologies (SSL, etc.) is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, and good team working skills.
Our office is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express. We offer a competitive salary, vacation, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package (including extended health, vision, and dental). If you are interested and passionate about doing things that really matter send us your resume and join us on this amazing journey.