System Safety Engineer
Critical Systems Labs Inc. (CSL) is a collaborative team of clever, bright and creative people, internationally recognized for our expertise in the management of safety risk and security vulnerabilities associated with complex software intensive systems. As a System Safety Engineer with CSL, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the application of system safety engineering processes to innovative, leading edge technologies. The ability to interact effectively with colleagues and stakeholders is essential in this role. This is a full-time position.
- Specification and analysis of system requirements, including safety requirements
- Use of FMEA, FMECA, FTA techniques at both functional and design levels
- Development and review of safety cases, including use of GSN
- Application of functional safety standards and other related guidance
- Interaction with client engineering teams
Qualifications you bring to this job
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience in safety / reliability engineering in real-time embedded software systems in regulated environments (e.g., automotive, aerospace, energy, rail, marine and/or medical devices)
- Experience with the management and analysis of safety requirements
- Experience with C/C++, Python, Java
Bonus points for additional experience/expertise in any of the following areas
- Knowledge of industry standards such as ISO 26262, ISO/PAS 21448/SOTIF, IEC 61508, DO-178C, MIL-882E, CENELEC EN 50126/50128/50129
- Knowledge/experience with Machine Learning
- Assurance (safety and security) argumentation techniques
- Experience with machine learning and statistical methods
Skills and attributes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to produce high quality technical documentation, proposals and reports
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
- Genuine interest to learn new engineering processes and principles in multiple technical domains
What CSL offers:
We value diversity and inclusion and we are proud to offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package and paid vacation. We are currently working remotely, loving it and finding fun ways to stay connected!
Think you would be perfect for this position?
If you are interested in a career with CSL working with great colleagues in an intellectually challenging environment, we look forward to hearing from you! Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Application – System Safety Engineer”. Applicants are invited to submit evidence of written communication skills (e.g., a technical report authored by the applicant).
Please note: CSL will review all applications. We greatly appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for this position, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.