Technical Infrastructure Analyst
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
The Technology Operation Centre has an opening for a permanent, full-time Technology Infrastructure Analyst. This position will provide leadership and senior level technical expertise to support the planning and managing of IT services to ICBC employees and business partners. As a Technology Infrastructure Analyst you will be responsible for:
• Focal Point for the operations of the Technology Operations Centre (TOC) and all TOC ad-hoc requests
• Supervision of the TOC team, providing guidance, planning team meetings, technical expertise & scheduling for the 7X24 team
• Developing team members by delegating, providing feedback and coaching
• Collaborating with teams across ISD and business areas to enable the TOC to provide support for ICBC infrastructure, platforms, applications and all lines of business
• Represent the department on various initiatives such as TOC enablement (transitioning IT work), developing playbooks, developing & maintaining TOC dashboards and monitoring capabilities.
• Identifying and implementing improvements for the overall operations of the TOC
• Coordination of high priority incidents to resolution with a focus on reducing MTTR
• Supervising and coaching the technical support specialists
• Overseeing the onboarding and training of new team members
• Ongoing review of alerts, alert tuning, documenting alert handling, identifying and following up with new alerting and monitoring opportunities
• Ensuring the team has clear and accurate, up to date documentation for operational work requests, departmental processes & procedures, task handling, alert handling, and support information.
Qualified applicants should have demonstrable skills and experience in the following areas:
• Leadership – oversee the work of a 24/7 shift work team. Providing guidance, coaching, mentoring, development and feedback.
• Analysis and problem resolution – ability to make and justify recommendations;
• Communications – technical/non-technical, via various channels and to various levels of audiences;
• Organizational – coordination, documentation, planning, scheduling, presenting, and timeline development;
• Previous experience working in Information Technology – preferably with a strong understanding of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
Your qualifications likely include post-secondary education related to information technology and several years of experience at progressive levels of responsibility in planning, supporting and managing computer technology.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position. As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination