Technical Product Owner, Artificial Intelligence
Technical Product Owner, Artificial Intelligence - AI-Based Conversational Banking | FinTech (Vancouver)
Join an exciting enterprise SaaS fintech startup that is using artificial intelligence to change how consumers interact with banks and credit unions.
Finn AI is a rapidly-growing cloud based SaaS company specializing in providing virtual assistants to banks and credit unions to improve service quality, acquire customers and help consumers manage their money. Working with banks across four continents, including some of the world’s largest brands, our Conversational Banking product is changing how people interact with banks (i.e., their money).
Leveraging our proprietary AI stack for natural language understanding and the richest banking domain data model and library of pre-built use cases in the industry, we are uniquely positioned to help banks and credit unions evolve their default experience to a smart virtual personal banker.
Finn AI is a market leader in an early and rapidly growing market. Our solution helps consumers ‘chat’ to their bank, whenever and wherever they want, simplifying the experience, extending service 24/7 and driving efficiency.
Our customers are banks and financial institutions from around the world. They vary from some of the largest, most established banks in the world, to smaller regional banks and digital-first or de novo banks. We work in partnership with major companies like VISA, Liveperson, MX.Com, Genesys and more. Finn AI is a proud winner of many industry accolades, including Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’ and Finovate Best in Show.
Finn AI is a well-funded series-A startup with a fully agile product development methodology. We are looking for a Technical Product Owner in AI to join our technology team, to design and develop our award-winning conversational AI applications for the banking industry.
If you have a deep technical background in data science and AI, and are eager to see what can be applied realistically and effectively in solving NLP virtual assistant problems, this is the perfect role for you.
- We believe that NLP is the future of user interfaces, but AI and deep learning are not magic. As the Technical Product Owner in AI, you play an essential role to apply AI technologies to solve business problems. You are a key decision maker on feature feasibility, priorities and design decisions, and work to ensure all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle.
- With your deep technical data science background, you understand both the business and technical needs from different stakeholders. You will work on the technical roadmap for product AI capabilities and internal tools by applying the latest NLP and AI technology into a commercial product. You work with architects, data scientists, developers, and internal customers to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met with each release.
- Also as a senior member of the team, you will also be asked to mentor other members. You earn their trust and respect, and people look up to you. There are not a lot of layers in a startup like us, so it’s very easy for people to get to know each other and help others out.
- Provide thought leadership on application of AI technology in Virtual Assistants and banking industry
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and initiatives to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Collaborate with product management and customer success teams to transition the business requirements to technical requirements, including technical user cases, algorithms and data specifications
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the requirements in Agile work environment. Be present in daily sprint ceremonies as necessary to facilitate quality and speed of delivery
- Produce external-facing quality documents on design, user guides and API documentation
- Act as an AI technology focal internally and externally, provide support in product marketing, sales and other communication and education opportunities
- Constantly research, learn and evaluate new AI technologies, and how to incorporate them to improve our product
- Masters degree or equivalent achievement in computer science, artificial intelligence or data science, PhD preferred
- Minimum 7 years of software engineering industry experience, at least 2 years as a senior data scientist, product owner or tech lead
- Proficient in Python and SQL and experience with deep learning theory and application using mxnet, Tensorflow or similar
- Great team player contributing to create good team culture
- Strong experience with AI, specifically in NLP and Analytics
- Experience with Data visualization packages such as Tableau
- Experience in developing user stories, technical requirements, specifications and algorithms
- Strong experience in agile methodologies, processes, software engineering practices, design patterns and common systems architecture
- Strong experience in research and analysis, clearly identify and communicate findings and recommendations
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills to document and present your ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bonus: Experience with virtual assistants and banking industry
We are hiring directly or through personal networks and will not accept recruiter referrals.
- Competitive compensation rates and vacation time
- Stock options in a fast-growing company
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Parental Leave
- Flexible working hours, a collaborative, team-based environment
- Team events and celebrations
*To meet our compliance obligations we require successful candidates to undergo security screenings including a criminal record check before coming on board. We focus strictly on offences that are directly relevant to employment at Finn AI, and abide by all applicable human rights and privacy legislation. We are here to help, so please reach out if you require support to complete the application.