Technical Specialist - Windows Server
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Server Operating System Platforms is looking for a Technical Specialist who will fulfill the role of a Windows Servers Specialist for the server environment at ICBC.
ICBC is looking for someone to join our high performing team of Windows Server specialists. We are transforming our services to include Infrastructure and Platform as a Service (IaaS), whilst continuing to support traditional infrastructure in an internal Cloud. We are looking for someone who is up for a challenge, and wants to learn.
The Windows Technical Specialist must possess a senior level of IT infrastructure systems knowledge, including systems architecture and design experience, extensive multi-site operational support knowledge, and experience with custom requirements gathering and preparing specification documents, strong troubleshooting skills and ability to provide creative solutions for enterprise systems integration on multi-operating system, virtualized platforms.
As a Technical Specialist you will be responsible for Windows Server Administration and providing expertise in the IT Server Infrastructure. You will assist both project and operational teams for the ongoing enhancement and development of new infrastructure systems, to support commercial off the shelf products that provide applications and systems services for the corporation.
As a candidate for the Technical Specialist position, you will need to demonstrate your experience in:
- Designing and leading the service delivery of systems infrastructure.
- Technical project leadership including consulting and planning.
- Collaborating and leading IS colleagues, management and staff in support of cross-workgroup projects and operational support.
- Vendor management for support and service delivery.
- Effective organization, documentation and planning skills that contribute toward and achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- A positive Customer Service attitude that helps drive Service Management objectives.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence both technical and non-technical people at all levels of an organization.
Your qualifications will include;
- Enterprise experience with;
• Windows Server 2012 2016 2019 2022
• Active Directory design and administration. Including DNS and LDAP
• Microsoft System Centre suite of applications
• Nutanix HCI technologies
• VMWare ESX/ESXi 6.7/7
- The ability to develop specifications for complex systems integration designed for mid to large sized IT Infrastructure systems.
- The ability to produce technical requirements, business cases, budgets & criteria for projects and procurement of IT solutions and lead the evaluation of vendor proposals.
- Developing and documenting architectures for multi-site Infrastructure systems and application solutions.
- Provide consulting as subject matter expert and delivery of technical design and/or configuration specifications for the technology platform.
- Exposure and or certification to methodologies and best practices such as ITIL, incident, problem and change management, systems development lifecycle.
- Experience delivering Cloud Services such as IaaS & PaaS
- Experience with Linux, Storage and Networking technologies would be beneficial.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.