Virtualization/Automation Infrastructure Platform Admin II
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Server Cloud Foundation is looking for a Infrastructure Platform Admin II who will fulfill the role of a Virtualization/Automation Administrator for the server environment at ICBC.
ICBC is transforming from a mainframe based, custom written code environment to a commodity server, heavily virtualized hybrid cloud, commercial off-the-shelf environment. We are transforming our services to Infrastructure and Platform as a Service (IaaS), and expanding our internal Cloud. We are looking for someone who is up for a challenge, and wants to learn.
The Virtualization/Automation Administrator must possess an entry level experience of IT infrastructure systems knowledge, including systems administration and support experience and multi-site operational support knowledge, strong troubleshooting skills and ability to provide solutions for enterprise systems integration and automation on multi-operating system virtualized platforms.
The Virtualization/Automation Administrator will be responsible for and provide expertise in the IT Systems Infrastructure. You will assist operational teams for the ongoing enhancement and development of new infrastructure systems for commercial off the shelf products that provides applications and systems services for the corporation.
To be considered a candidate for the Infrastructure Platform Admin II position, you will need to demonstrate your experience in:
- Designing and the service delivery of systems infrastructure.
- Operational support and automation of day to day tasks.
- Collaborating with IS colleagues, management and staff in support of cross-workgroup operational support.
- Effective organization, documentation and planning skills that contribute toward and achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- A positive Customer Service attitude that helps drive Service Management objectives.
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence both technical and non-technical people at all levels of an organization.
Your qualifications will include;
- Some level of experience with;
• VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi 6/7
• Nutanix Prism / AHV (optional)
• Automation leveraging Ansible or Hashicorp Terraform
• Windows Server or Linux (RHEL) system administration
- The ability to produce technical requirements for projects.
- Documenting architectures for multi-site Infrastructure systems and application solutions.
- Exposure and or certification to methodologies and best practices such as ITIL, incident, problem and change management, systems development lifecycle.
- Experience delivering Cloud Services such as IaaS & PaaS is an asset
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows, Storage and Networking technologies will be considered an asset
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.